Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Todo bien

I've received several emails today from friends and family concerned with the 6.2 earthquake that happened in Panama last night. I had no idea it was that big until I read the report! I was a few hours away from the epicenter, up in the mountains with a few other volunteers giving a seminar about HIV/AIDS to teenagers. We all stayed in the health center and woke up in the middle of the night to a pretty strong rocking and my friend saying "Earthquake! Earthquake! Should we get under the doorway?".  We were all too tired, so no one moved and a few seconds later it was all over. Everything was fine! 

The HIV/AIDS seminar went really well though! I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I actually really like working with kids. More updates on that later, I have to get back to my hut and see if it survived the earthquake. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

good to hear all good :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.